Sunday, August 10, 2008

STORY TIME - Volume 6.4

If I am lucky, I'll never hurt again
the way I had
but there's no way
I can tell, oh right
what knowledge I've acquired,
because of you.

What a word... you. Tell all encompasing three large letters.
Yet I knew the risk
I loved fire and I got burned.

But through the tears & pain I still loved you.
Three letters again.

Y....O....U.
It was always that way. You, you, you.
And I faded
like an old pair of 501 button flies.
- 4/96


I'm violently happy
in the thought that it will
be over soon.
The cool hands around my throat
my decision, my choice
all it takes is one quick swallow.
I can see the liquid bubbling
like the visions of my life in my mind,
attempting to expand but never achieving
my goal til now. All it takes is one quick swallow.
- 4/20/94


BETTER THAN WORDS
You looked at me and began to fade
Like a flower in the desert shade.

Ill at ease you think I cannot please
Wait and see, don't you forsake me

You turned from me and you walked away
For sun has marked the end of day

Look into my eyes, look right at me
I'll show you how good our love'd be

Don't you go, let me be heard
My actions speak better than my words.
11/12/93


crimson & creeping
blold thirsty but BOLD
they walk through the water
their stories unfold

rock of ages
waves of time
whatever the fact
the world's not sublime

it aches with pain, cries out with desire
the people all wander
through the world filled with fire.
- 5/19/93


Have you ever wondered
about those days
when the world seems too bright to be true?

Have you felt the nights
I spent alone - with you in my mind?

You're the voice that calls across the sea
to the depths of my mind
you're a part of me. A part of my spirit,
a part of my soul but you are free.

Have you ever wondered
how we get to be this way?
- 7/27/93

No comments: